Image Map

January 14, 2017

Creating Kindness!

It's about this time of the year every year that my kids are getting a little too familiar with each other. They're finding it harder and harder to be polite, and are snipping at each other more and more.  Honeymoon is WAY over, right?

My school doesn't have a character education program, and I know that it would be beneficial to our school.  So I've decided to start making my own!  My first part of the program is a trait that my kiddos desperately need to practice: kindness!

Check it out HERE!

This program is meant to be 4 weeks long, and focuses on a different aspect of kindness each week.  Each week is also centered around a book that teaches kindness in different ways.  I really wanted to show kids that there are more ways to be kind than just the normal please and thank you manners.  Kindness goes a lot deeper than that!  I wanted my kids to think of being kind in easy and new ways.  

We're two weeks in and I've already noticed a change in my kiddos.  They are much more focused on kindness.  They point out kind acts when they see them, and are more likely to perform kind acts without being told to.  


This is one of the activities that we worked on independently.  I loved that she drew pictures of examples of kindness and unkindness!  It made me smile, because this is one of my friends that sometimes struggles with kindness! 

How do you promote kindness in your classroom?


No comments:

Post a Comment