Image Map

August 18, 2017

Tiny House: Classroom Edition

Well, it finally happened, as I've been expecting for years.  Second grade has been moved to the tiniest rooms in our building.  UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.  Not only are these rooms way smaller than the other classrooms in the buildings, but they also have the added perk of being stacked on top of each other in a stairwell.

Guess who is in the top classroom...Yup, me!  Now, I actually picked this room.  It's out of the way of the foot traffic through the bathroom.  We're the only classroom on the third floor which means we don't have to worry about being too loud or being interrupted by other classes.

I got purged a lot of my classroom stuff, which was a great thing!  Stuff I'd been holding on to for years got sold or given away to a classroom that might use it.

But its on the third floor...You know what is located on the first floor?  All the student bathrooms.  😱😱😱 So twice a day, we wander down two flights of stairs to get to the bathroom and in between I cross my fingers that no one has an accident.

Every classroom comes with it's own challenges, and this classroom is better than a lot of other classrooms in other schools.  I have air conditioning, a smart board, and a lot of freedom when it comes to decorations.  Plus, we have a lot of natural lighting, and a really cool view.  My kids favorite spot to work is at desks right by the window.  It's my favorite spot to work too!

I guess it could be worse, two sets of stairs isn't that bad, and on the plus side, I should have calves of steel by the end of this year.






My Classroom, home to 23 second graders and myself :)


My view looking down the stairs





No comments:

Post a Comment